The thriving business of The Coastal Companies has made Mark Saunders Homes in NC the best real estate partner in southeastern North Carolina for anyone looking to relocate, retire, recreate or vacation on the coast.
Mark Saunders is the experienced and passionate CEO of The Coastal Companies, which includes general real estate brokerage, land acquisition and investment, planned residential community development, marketing and management of vacation resort homes, ownership and operation of multiple golf courses, residential design and custom home building, timberland investment and management, mortgage brokerage, and cattle operations.
The quality of Mark Saunders Homes is unmatched. “Our focus on ‘five-sided architecture’ ensures unmatched attention to detail and creativity on all sides of the homes we build, including the roof,” a spokesperson from Mark Saunders Luxury Homes said. “We believe that every side and angle of a home should be thoughtfully and tastefully designed, resulting in a home that is truly beautiful from every perspective.” Longevity also distinguishes Mark Saunders Homes in NC. “While many builders are here today and gone tomorrow, we’ve been building and servicing our homes for decades. Mark Saunders Homes has been and will be there long after the sale is made and the last nail is driven.”
A native of Richmond, Va., Mark attended Virginia Tech, where he studied architecture and business management. After college and while working for Burlington Industries, the largest textile manufacturer in the world, Mark visited Brunswick County, North Carolina for the first time. It was there that he became immediately attracted to its potential for the launching and growth of a residential design and construction business.
Mark spent many years working alongside the carpentry crew during the day, and would design homes and manage the business side of his growing company at night. Those long days and nights built the foundation for the many entities that, today, comprise The Coastal Companies.
Some of Mark Saunders’ many affiliations and accolades in the building, design and construction industry include:
- Member of the National Association of Home Builders
- Member of the Brunswick County Home Builders Association
- Past President of the South Brunswick Islands Home Builders Association
- Member of the Brunswick County Chamber of Commerce
- Official Builder of the Coastal Living® 2009 Idea House (featured here: http://www.coastalliving.com/homes/idea-houses/seawatch-idea-house)
- Parade of Homes Diamond Award Winner for the “Conch” model home in the Seawatch at Sunset Harbor community: Unique Architecture and Quality Craftsmanship Award
- Parade of Homes Blue Ribbon Award for the “Conch” model home in the Seawatch at Sunset Harbor community: Master Bath for Attention to Detail Award
- Leopard’s Chase® Golf Club and Tiger’s Eye® Golf Links were named among Golf Magazine’s ranking of the Top 100 Courses You Can Play-State by state.
- Generally credited with changing the face of the South Brunswick Islands from one of simplistic and basic home designs to striking, appealing and environmentally conscientious architecture.